The Western Grassfed Beef Difference
100% Grass fed and Grass finished - Our cattle consume nothing but their mother's milk and the available natural grasses, legumes and range forages from the open pastures they graze - their entire life. That’s why we can say 100% grass fed and grass finished.
- No Grain or Animal By-Products - Of course, 100% grass fed simply means no grains are ever fed to our cattle. It's just as important to us that our cattle are never fed any animal by-products that some conventionally raised cattle do consume.
- No Feedlot Confinement - Our cattle graze open pastures and rangeland their entire lives and are never feedlot-confined.
- Family Rancher Raised - Our company was founded and to this day is still owned by hard-working family ranchers. Western Grassfed Beef believes in passing this tradition from one generation to the next.
- No Added Hormones or Antibiotics - EVER - We do not use artificial methods of growth stimulation or disease control. Period. We do, however, believe in humane animal treatment, and if an animal gets sick and can’t recover on its own, we must treat it. After treatment, that animal no longer qualifies for our natural program.
- Humanely Raised in Low-Stress Environments - Cattle do well when they are raised with care and not subjected to stress-causing activities such as crowding, loud noises, unfamiliar places or being prodded to move by electrtic means or otherwise. Stress not only causes the animal discomfort but it also can affect the quality of the meat. For these reasons and because it is the right thing to do, our cattle are treated humanely while minimizing stress.
- Verified Born and Raised in the USA® - We pride ourselves on being USA family ranchers. All of our cattle are verified to be born, raised and processed in the United States via the Born and Raised in the USA® program.