Set it and forget it. Well, forget it until it is ready to eat, that is!
We are back with a brand new recipe that we found online courtesy of The Seasoned Mom for all of you busy-bee's out there who would like nothing more than to return home from work with an amazing meal that is ready to go!
And, seeing as how our chuck roasts are currently on a buy-one-get-one-free sale, we figure many of you would appreciate a recipe like this one! Keep this easy-peezy recipe in your back pocket to wow family and guests!
First, gather your ingredients. This recipe utilizes a slow cooker, but the original recipe allows for some alternate cooking methods. Next, follow the instructions and you’ll be on your way to a delicious home-cooked meal perfect for the cool fall evenings.
• 1 to 2 Western Grassfed Beef Chuck Roast
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cans of Coca Cola soda
• 1 1-ounce envelope of dry onion soup seasoning mix
• 1 sweet onion, quartered
• 1 lb. baby gold potatoes
• 1 cup of baby carrots
• Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Place meat in the pot and sear it for 3-4 minutes, or until browned all over.
• While the roast is browning, place onion, potatoes, and carrots in a large bowl and drizzle them with the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle on the dry onion soup mix. Toss to coat.
• Transfer the chuck roast to a large crock pot along with the seasoned vegetables and pour the coca cola over everything.
• Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
When it comes to slow cooker recipes like this one, prep everything the night before so all of the cutting & measuring is ready to add to the crockpot in the morning (when we are scrambling to beat the morning traffic 😊). Serve up this dish with a warm buttered roll and you are all set!
The one thing you must do is make sure to use the best beef possible - Western Grassfed Beef Chuck Roasts! Available to order online to deliver direct to your doorstep, which makes cooking even easier!
Western Grassfed Beef, the Natural Beef label from Panorama Meats, works directly with U.S. family ranchers throughout the West and Midwest. All cattle are born and raised on open pasture and are fed a diet of grasses and range forage. Our natural 100% grass fed and grass finished beef is humanely raised with no antibiotics or added hormones, and always raised on pastures. We believe in supporting our rancher's way of life and in raising cattle the right way.