These upscale beef sliders are bound to impress your friends with the unique pairing of chipotle salsa and our 100% grass fed and grass finished meat. Give it a try and don’t forget to let us know what you think!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes||Serves: 4|
|1 lb||Western Grassfed Ground Beef|
|1||Rustic French baguette,
sliced into 16 ½ inch slices
|1/4 tsp||Ground cumin|
|Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tbsp||Jalapeno-pickled or fresh,
finely chopped (optional)
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Tortilla chips,
crushed into very small pieces
|1/2 cup||Chipotle tomato salsa or favorite salsa|
|2 slices||Monterey Jack cheese,
cut into fourths (total of 8 pieces)
- Layout 8 slices of the French baguette onto a serving tray.
- Form the Western Grassfed Ground Beef into 2 oz. patties less than ½ inch thick, squeezing the edges of the patties tightly.
TIP: For 2 oz. patties, slice our 16 oz. brick lengthwise vertically and then horizontally across 3 additional times. This should give you 8 small 2 oz. portions of grass fed ground beef to work with!
- Season beef patties by sprinkling with ground cumin, sea salt and pepper.
- Place each patty, one at a time, into the crushed tortilla chips in the bowl. Make sure the patties get coverage on both sides and then return them to the cutting board.
- Preheat large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter.
- Place the beef sliders in the skillet and wait until they are nice and crusty on the first side, about 2-3 minutes and then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- When the beef sliders are fully cooked, remove one slider on top of each of the 8 slices of baguette on the serving tray.
- Add salsa to the still-hot heavy skillet where the sliders were cooked. Cook the salsa in the skillet, stirring for approximately 1-minute or until the salsa is slightly thickened and then remove from heat.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the warm salsa on top of each slider and piece of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place the remaining baguette slices on top and enjoy!
Thanks for another recipe from our Chef John Dallett! This innovative recipe is packed with flavor and perfect for parties! With no hormones and no antibiotics in our grass fed ground beef, you can be sure of what is in the meat you are eating. Give us a call at (844) 668 8920 if you want to find out more about how we raise our cattle or order online today!
Submitted by Chef John Dallett of Western Grassfed Beef