Summer is in the air, school is out, the beaches are full, and, of course, grilling season is in full effect. And what better way to start off the season than with a bang? And oh boy do we have you covered with this avocado stuffed burger recipe! You read that correctly – avocado stuffed burger.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serves: 3-4
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 pounds of Western Grassfed Beef's Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes chopped with no oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Bacon fat (optional)
1. Pre-heat your grill to medium-medium high heat
2. Put your ground beef into a large mixing bowl and add the black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and the lemon zest
3. Mix well and then form mixture into thin patties all the same size using your hands. Make sure the patties are thin, as you will be using two to make each burger patty
4. In another mixing bowl, combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the rest of the sea salt
5. Mash the avocado mixture to your preferred level of consistency
6. Place your avocado mixture on top of a bottom patty, leaving room to seal the patties without leaking the mixture
7. Put your top patty over your mixture and pinch the edges of the two patties together to form a seal all the way around
8. Grill to your liking, ensuring that both sides are cooked entirely and evenly. If desired, drizzle the burgers with bacon grease while grilling to add even more flavor
9. After grilling, allow your burger to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top the burgers with any leftover avocado mixture
And don't be afraid to load up on the avocados! Did you know that avocados are a great source or vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E, and more? Avocados even have more potassium than bananas! Read more about the health benefits of avocados here while you enjoy this delicious recipe.
Though we wish we could take credit for this recipe, we really found it on the Civilized Caveman website. Check out the site for other bombtastic recipes! And, remember, we love receiving pictures of our customers cooking our products! Send them to us on social media or via email and we will share them! For the best 100% grass fed ground beef, check out our online store. You can have the very best meat delivered to your doorstep, which makes easy cooking even easier!
Western Grassfed Beef, the Natural Beef label from Panorama Meats, works directly with U.S. family ranchers throughout the West and Midwest. All cattle are born and raised on open pasture and are fed a diet of grasses and range forage. Our natural 100% grass fed and grass finished beef is humanely raised with no antibiotics or added hormones, and always raised on pastures. We believe in supporting our rancher's way of life and in raising cattle the right way.